Winter Spiti 4×4 Expedition
Winter Spiti 4x4 Expedition by Himalayan Rider. Winter Spiti Best tour. Spiti valley winter drive by himalayan rider
Winter Spiti 4×4 Expedition – Spiti Valley is one of the cold deserted mountain valleys located at the height of the Himalayas in the north-eastern part of Himachal Pradesh. The name “Spiti” initially means “The Middle Land” which corresponds to the land lying between Tibet and India. And winters in Spiti are enormously harsh and temperatures even fall to -20º Celsius. Therefore, a winter expedition to Spiti Valley in 4×4 is an endless thrill.
Enormously, the Spiti winter expedition 4×4 shows a different side of Spiti altogether. Inductively, a world where the magic is witnessed with nature having its majestic mountains, mesmerizing valleys, and wicked trails all covered in a thick blanket of snow. That is spread throughout the place, as far as the eyes go.
Whereby, Spiti winter expeditions, increase the stakes of spicing it with a 4*4 vehicle the things are even more adventurous. It is no more a secret that the roads of Spiti valley are hostile at best, though the path seems to be carved out with ruggedness. That can’t be found in many of the places and though there is no greater feeling than off-roading on the tough terrains on four-wheelers.
Highlights of Spiti 4×4 Expedition
- The place is vitally not crowded in winters and one can initially find Soul of a Place.
- One can also spot Red fox, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Ibex & if Lucky enough a Snow Leopard can also be spotted.
- The variation in the temperature
- During the expedition, one experienced and understand the living culture in the winters of the Cold dessert
Per person prices:
01 person (sharing 4×4 Vehical with 3 other people) : Rs 33000/- per person
Exclusive 4×4 vehicle for 2 people (with Driver) : Rs 40000/- per person
Own 4×4 vehicle without fuel : Rs 23000/- per person
Day 01: Delhi-Manali.-Over night at Volvo bus Travel distance and travel time 560 kms/12 hrs) approx.
Arrive Delhi Volvo station at 04 PM and board bus for Manali. Overnight in Volvo bus Volvo.
Day 02: Arrive Aut/Sojha (30 kms)
Meal Plan: Dinner only.
Morning meet on arrival with Himalayan Riders Representative and board your 4×4 vehicles to Sojha . On the way enjoy rafting in Beas River. From Sojha we can get a scenic view of the Banjar Valley, to which we will now descend. For the next few Kilometers, you will be compelled to take photo stops. The area retains a surreal charm as it remains off the beaten tracks followed by horde of tourists. On arrival check in at the guest house. Overnight at guest house
Day 3 – Sojha to Kalpa – Overnight at Kalpa (200 kms)
After breakfast start riding from to Shoja to Kalpa over Jalori pass (3223 M), situated on a ridge across the Rampur Valley. We continue along Indo-TIbet highway before turning left and climbing the pine forest slopes till we reach Kalpa. A beautiful Himalayan village which offers one the best views of Snow Peaks right across the valley looming large in front of you. Kinner Kailash peak is one of the abodes of Lord Shiva. Kalpa is a beautiful village located in the front of Kinner Kailash Mountain range. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening free to walk around the kalpa village
Day 4 – Kalpa to Nako/Tabo – Overnight at Tabo (180 kms)
Morning after breakfast start you journey towards Spiti valley. Today we will enter in Spiti valley. The road from Kalpa initially descends to the Indo-Tibet Highway and continues on the left bank of Sutlej till Khab, the confluence of Spiti and Sutlej. We leave Sutlej behind and continue upstream of Spiti. From this point cold desert of Spiti will start with completely different view of desert lands. Drive upword till Nako village. There is one small beautiful late situated at Nako. After visit Nako lake start journey towards Tabo village. Tabo monastery is 1020 year monastery located in the quaint village of Tabo. The monastery is one of the most ornately decorated depicting the life of the Buddha Pantheon covering its entire walls. You can spend enough time here talking to the monks trying to understand what a thangka painting is. Spend your day relaxing in the fields of Tabo or hike up to the caves, the monks used to meditate. Overnight stay at Tabo.
Day 5 – Tabo to Dhankar- Kaza – Overnight at Kaza
Today we take the road to Kaza till we reach Sichling village, from here the road winds up to the Dhangkar monastery, which was once the capital of Spiti, under King’s rule. Dhang means cliff and kar means fort, the fort situated on the edge of a cliff. Dhangkar Gompa or monastery is one of the architectural master pieces of the Buddhist yore. Built 800 years ago this is one of the endangered archaeological sites in the world. Experience the old world feeling of the Dhangkar monastery. The drive to Kaza. overnight at Kaza
Day 6 – Kaza to Kee, Langza/Komic/Hikim/ to Kaza – Overnight at Kaza
A trip to Spiti is incomplete without a visit to its iconic monastery at Kee. Built on top of a hill the main shrine is surrounded by residential quarters, administrative buildings are built in the shape of a pyramid. This ancient marvel is a photographers delight. You’ll further visit the Langza, Komic and Hikim villages. overnight stay at Kaza
Day 7 – Kaza to Rampur – Overnight at Rampur
After a great Spitian winter experience we start our journey back to the cities but not without a final blast. We retrace the roads back to Kinnaur via Tabo, Nako till Powari. On arrival at Rampur check in at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 8 – Rampur/Karsog/Sundernagar (170 kms/7 hrs) overnight Volvo bus to Delhi
After the most memorable trip of your life you head back to SunderNagar (Hear of Himachal pardesh) with lot of photos, videos and friends from high Himalayas. Later transfer to Volvo pickup point. Overnight at Volvo
Day 09-Arrive Delhi
- Transport – 4×4 Mahindra camper/Gypsy (4+1 people in one vehicle) -Driver charges, fuel charges, toll and parking charges
- Accommodation – 6 nights – double sharing with breakfast and dinner – MAP
- Volvo tickets from Delhi to Aut and Sunder Nagar to Delhi back.
- Highly experienced driver who will act as a basic tour guide
- Oxygen Cylinder and first aid medical box
- Hot water bags to everyone (to keep body warm during night time)
- Hot water bottles to everyone for hot drinking water
- Himalayan Rider group leader with separate 4×4 vehicle for more than 10 vehicles traveling together
- Personal expenses. tips. Inner Line Permit fees
- Lunch on all days
- Cost incurred due to change in itinerary because of landslides, roadblocks or factors beyond human control
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list above
- Hotels will be closed in Spiti during winters. Hence, we will accommodate you in cozy Homestays. At Kalpa we will provide you hotel. We will provide you heated rooms at Homestays in Spiti and at hotels in other places.
- The itinerary is subject to favorable weather and road conditions. If trip is started and In case of a bad weather and inaccessibility to certain destinations we will try our best to make alternate plans. The tour price will not be refunded in the event of unfavorable conditions.
- The temperatures in Spiti Valley dip up to -25°C in winters. We advise you to buy suitable clothing and gear for winters. People of Spiti live in this place throughout the year without expensive warm wear so there is nothing to be afraid of. The homestays are well insulated with a traditional/electric heater in the rooms. The homestays will have dry compost toilets in winter.
- All vehicles traveling together will be interconnected with radio signals (For more than 5 vehicles)
- We will provide separate support 4×4 vehicle if there will be more than 5 vehicles traveling together in one batch with sporting staff.
Benefits of Choosing Himalayan Rider
Himalayan Rider is not just a name of any trip operator, but Himalayan Rider is a commitment to services and providing diversity to their clients. The tour operator is a one-stop travel solution service provider offering a variety of Tour & Travel packages with a customizable and affordable range. Moreover, the operators also cater to various requirements of their diversification variety to the clients.
Some Notable Beneficial Aspects of Himalayan Rider
- Customizable and affordable packages
- Have an enormous appreciation and focus on the fixed tour departures
- Serving all their clients equally
- Hard-working employees that are always curious about guiding their clients during the trip
- The company is having diversified knowledge in the traveling domain
- The chief motive is providing services to passionate travelers
Call: +9198175–33231, +9198163-69116
Email: [email protected]